Coronavirus (COVID-19) Procedures and Protocols
As we all continue to deal with the coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) we are going to continue to serve our patients. We are following all guidelines provided by the state. We are open for regular office hours at our Alabaster office. Monday-Thursday from 8-4:30, and select days at our Birmingham office.
We are seeing all appointment types for now, but we are seeing fewer patients at a time due to social distancing state guidelines. We are asking that patients come in alone or come with just 1 caregiver. We ask that patients wear their own mask upon entering our lobby & be prepared to have your temperatures taken
We are also still utilizing telehealth as often as we can. When you call to make your appointment our staff will help determine what will work best for your appointment.
Reducing the Spread of Infection
- Hand washing often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw all used tissues in the trash right away and wash your hands immediately after handling used tissues.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid traveling to high risk areas.
Symptoms (May appear 2-14 days after exposure)
- Fever, dry cough, and shortness of breath.
- If you develop symptoms or have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, call your doctor.
Self-Quarantine and Self-Isolation
You must undergo self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days if you have:
- Been in contact with a person known to have COVID-19 with no eye protection and mask.
- Recently traveled to a level-3 health notice destination (e.g., China, Iran, Italy, South Korea).
- You must remain self-quarantined at home for 14 days until it can be determined that you are not sick.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, you must go under self-isolation.
In an effort to minimize the effects of the COVID-19 we are practicing social distancing in all offices, including rearranging guest lounge seating in. In addition, all FSC team members perform the above stated steps and apply the following protocols:
- Team members will be provided and use:
- Sanitizing Wipes and Tissues
- Hand Sanitizer
- Providers and Medical and Surgical Assistants will be provided and must wear personal protective equipment advised by the CDC during patient interactions for the duration of this outbreak.
- Protective Masks
- Eye Protection
- All team members will NOT shake hands.
- Each office will perform a thorough sanitation at 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm, and at closing. Our cleaning company is
taking additional measures including sanitizing and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Any guests appearing to be symptomatic will be walked outside and asked to reschedule their appointment.
Additional resources are available to the public at the following websites.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): www.cdc.gov
World Health Organization (WHO): www.who.int
Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the CSSE at Johns Hopkins https://systems.jhu.edu/research/public-health/ncov/